Sunday, October 19, 2003

Today is Sunday, the second day of our week. Sunday is the only day that Karla and I can come home together. Every other day of the week, one of us is carried off by tutoring. We get home first, then go tutoring. But today was payday for me, so it all seems worthwhile again.

The highlight of my day, other than being able to drive home with my wife, was an episode of Seinfeld and a Surfer on Acid (Kuwaiti style - made with real coconut milk because Malibu is only 20% alcohol and therefore an inefficient product to smuggle). Karla is about to kick me off of the computer and send me back to Midnight's Children, which might be my new highlight of the day - but so far the book hasn't really grabbed my attention. In fact, I look at the six hundred pager and wonder how long it will take me to get through it.